Sunday, November 14, 2010

A rich life

One thing I am learning lately is that people are what make our lives rich. Perhaps I'm not really "learning" this, but am being reminded of it.

Nathan and I don't have much money these days because of several complications with his plan to join ROTC, but we are both planning to work next semester and hope things will start looking up. In any case, neither of us have really had a job since July, and we are trying to live more simply with very little income. Luckily we have wonderful families who have been and are helping us very much, and we're still living a comfortable lifestyle- we are so spoiled!

All of our family members seem to be experiencing a "down time" right now- maybe we're all feeling the effects of the economy. So, Christmas this year is planning to be much simpler. But, I am realizing that I am more than okay with that.

Although this Christmas might bring less presents, I plan to enjoy every moment of it. Next Christmas my husband will be in Iraq on a deployment, so I am going to do all I can to enjoy him fully this year. Also, my Mom has been battling Lymphoma, and I am so glad to have her here with us this Christmas (and for many more to come, as she is doing well with her Chemo!)

These things have reminded me, though, that it's the people that we love and who love us back that make our life rich. And I am certainly blessed. I am looking very much forward to this simpler Christmas, because I am going to focus on the people I am sharing it with this year- especially my darling husband and my wonderful Mom.




So as we begin this holiday season remember what your real blessings are- Especially the riches we have in the people we hold dear.


1 comment: